Episode 29: The 12 Week Year
In this episode of the Aviation Business Podcast learn how making 12-week plans each quarter will increase your ability to accomplish your goals and fulfill your vision.
1) Start with your aspirational vision (5-15 Years)
2) Chunk down the aspirational vision into shorter-term 1-3 year goals
3) Make your first 12 Week Plan
a) Establish 1-3 goals that most important to helping you accomplish your short and long term vision
b) Identify the key tactics that you will need to do each day and week to accomplish the goal
4) Plan each and every week
a) Time block each week to be sure you’ve accomplished your tactics
6) Track your tactics to see that you are executing at least 85% of your tactics.
7) On the 13th week, catch up where needed, review the effectiveness of the expiring 12-week pan, review the longer term vision, and make your next 12-week plan.
For more information check out the book: The 12 Week Year by Brian Moran
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!
Tim Bonnell Jr. is the Founder and President of Aeris Insurance Solutions. He is the author of the book Aircraft Insurance Fundamentals: A Concise Guide For Aircraft Owners and Operators. He’s a third-generation pilot and a second generation aviation insurance broker. Tim was raised in the aviation insurance industry and had the opportunity to learn it from the ground up. His formal education was completed at Kansas State University.
Tim is a private and instrument-rated pilot. He holds the Certified Insurance Counselor and Certified Aviation Insurance Professional professional designations. In 2014, he was installed into the inaugural class of the Aviation Insurance Association’s Eagle Society. Tim has served on the boards of directors for the Aviation Insurance Association, Kansas Agricultural Aviation Association, National Agricultural Aviation Association, and the Wichita Aero Club in addition to other community organizations.