Episode 46: Building Effective Processes In Your Business
Learn how to attain excellence in your business by creating and managing effective processes for your company in this episode of the Aviation Business Podcast.
1. Identify what processes exist or need to exist in your business to help you accomplish the vision, mission, and values of your company
2. Clarify or articulate what these processes look like – dig down into the step-by-step details of each process, and record them. One of the easiest ways to create your processes is to document as you’re doing a process and then evaluate anything that needs to be added or removed.
3. Train your team members on this process (A great time to do this is in your weekly huddle discussed in our episode on Meetings that Work)
4. Implement the processes into your business – What will be most effective: checklists, automation, etc.
5. Review and Revise your processes should be living documents that are changed, adapted, and improved as you get better at what you do.
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!
Tim Bonnell Jr. is the Founder and President of Aeris Insurance Solutions. He is the author of the book Aircraft Insurance Fundamentals: A Concise Guide For Aircraft Owners and Operators. He’s a third-generation pilot and a second generation aviation insurance broker. Tim was raised in the aviation insurance industry and had the opportunity to learn it from the ground up. His formal education was completed at Kansas State University.
Tim is a private and instrument-rated pilot. He holds the Certified Insurance Counselor and Certified Aviation Insurance Professional professional designations. In 2014, he was installed into the inaugural class of the Aviation Insurance Association’s Eagle Society. Tim has served on the boards of directors for the Aviation Insurance Association, Kansas Agricultural Aviation Association, National Agricultural Aviation Association, and the Wichita Aero Club in addition to other community organizations.